Sunday, April 15, 2007

Japan!



The day is drawing near. I have wanted to go to Japan since I was a young girl. I started learning the language at 14 years old, but I've never had the opportunity or good fortune to go, until now.

The good news is I have the language stuck somewhere in the deep recesses of my brain. I have funny dreams where I speak pigeon nihongo, and my verbs are conjugated into elaborate endless droning.

City life with Bonnie and Driscoll, what could be better? I can't wait to experience Tokyo with two of my favorite people in this world. A few days into our trip, Eric and I are breaking away from Tokyo to Kyoto for 3 days, with a day trip to Hiroshima thrown in there somewhere. I am going to eat lots of fish, drink lots of sake, and sing karaoke like crazy.

I promised a good friend that I would figure out the following sentence:

Sumimasen, bendingumashiin wa bishoujo no andaawea doko ni arimasuka?
(my) translation: Excuse me, where are the vendingmachines which have the beautiful girl's underwear?

If I've got that sentence right, I’m in good shape.

1 comments:

Bonnie said...

Yay! We can't wait to see you guys! It's going to be a really cool trip. Really, I think you're going to like it.

It's interesting. Before we moved, I would have chosen a European city to live in over Tokyo. But after spending the last couple weeks in Europe, I'm so happy that we ended up actually living in Tokyo. It's just so nice. Ok...enough gushing.

I gave Driscoll the task of emailing you his fool proof google map of the route from the Grand Hyatt to our apartment. Yay! Can't wait to see you. I'm going home today to get the place all ready for your arrival. I'll try calling, if I can get my phone to work...it's acting up.