Sunday, October 19, 2008

I ♡ Tord


For my birthday, Bonnie gave me a couple of design books knowing that Eric and I have been working on reworking our living space, one of which was a beautiful book on Tord Boontje by Martina Margetts. I knew a little about him, but lately his designs are really speaking to me. I love the use of light and shadow, and the nature inspired silhouettes he plays with. His pieces are modern, yet whimsical...industrial, yet organic. I think it is these contrasts that make his design so appealing.

Top of my want list is the Garland light which can be found via Modern Poverty:



I also love the Icarus light, a favorite of Bonnie's,who commented that it looks like it could take flight... or maybe lay eggs. I also think it could have swooped down onto Vince Neil's head moments before performing Shout at the Devil in 83':

1 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm glad you like the books! Your living room is looking so nice and fresh. Must feel good to have some change.