Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Blue Cross Blue Shield

Have any of you noticed that some of your most favorite songs created by somewhat obscure bands are now the soundtrack to major network commercials? I just saw one of the most amazing commercials with the background of "Women of the world, take over" by diamond james o'rourke. You know the guy. The song never comes to the perpetual chorus, nor are there any japanese men with stuffed rabbits latched to their crotches. There are however hundreds of these amazing plastic figures moving around in stop and start animation fashion, holding hands. It's brilliant. I am amazed by the personal connection the music makes, but then I remember that 3 of my close friends are in the design industry, causing me to rationalize the music connection and recognize how great it is to find something strangely meaningful in common places.

0 comments: