Friday, November 30, 2007

Hope on Foster after all


For those of you familiar with Portland geography, I have been living in the Foster/Powell neighborhood for a few years now. I bought a house in May of 2004 because the house was cute and the neighborhood was still affordable (granted, sketchy in pockets.) It has managed to feel like home.

You can imagine my satisfaction when an amazing restaurant finally popped up within short walking distance from my home. Bar Carlo, I am in love.

Self serve Stumptown coffee, big windows, savory food. It brings new, added pleasure to my weekends. Quality of life has improved.

Even better, it has opened my mind up to brick and mortar jewelry/art/craft business dreams. I am tired of the Corporate rat race and the politics.

I want to live the dream. Come'on Foster Road. Show me some love.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bonnie said...

Yay! I keep hearing good things about Foster. Let's go to this restaurant when D & I are in town. In Portland living a little further out ain't no thang. Walking to the grocery store is overrated. It's my least favorite thing about living in Tokyo. There's plenty of good stuff happening in deeper SE, and you know it's only going to get better. We'll keep telling ourselves that anyway:)

Tyler Long said...

it's great and all, but do they really have to call it FoPo?