Sunday, December 07, 2008

Moving to the bedroom...

As the weeks drag on, and my attention span wains on the tasks at hand (sorry Eric), I am shifting my focus to the bedroom. There's something about winter that makes me want to crawl into bed before 10pm, and the current state of our bedroom demands attention.

Besides, redecoration is far more fun than renovation.

When we first bought the house almost 5 years ago, my tastes were different. I am a huge fan of color, and it often gets me carried away. In a moment of lesser judgement, I thought it was a good idea to paint our bedroom a deep, bright, 'Mango Tango' orange. The name alone should have clued me in. On Friday, I bought a gallon of a pretty pigeon gray and plan to get it on the walls... by the end of the month.

I'm looking forward to finally hanging some art without giving myself a grand mal seizure.

Here's an update on the floor situation. The dining room is underway. To those of you who have never laid true hardwood flooring, try not to judge our progress. I now understand why people go with the click together composite.



That said, our new floor is going to be beautiful.

2 comments:

Amy Olson Jewelry said...

the floor looks gorgeous, Krystin! and your bedroom walls are going to be so pretty! I think that gray is the perfect color :)

Robin said...

I can't wait to dine in the new dining room! It looks amazing!