Saturday, June 21, 2008

Living Room, leaving room.

Ever since Robin brought my attention to the Modern Economy sample sale coming up next month, I have spent an absurd amount of time toying with the idea of wall paper thanks to Ferm Living. After tearing down wall paper in the foyer (ok, fine - Eric did most of the work) I have developed a fear of the stuff. I can't imagine the hanging process is any easier than trying the peel the stuff off...

That said, Ferm Living's modern wallpaper designs may have me rethinking my stance.



Aside from wall decor, one of the most difficult decisions to be made on the new living room is in relation to the sofa. I really want a leather sofa, but the thought of my cats leaving claw marks has me thinking better of it. For years I have been dreaming of the chocolate brown KRAMFORS sofa from IKEA. The shiny texture has me a bit concerned about my sweet little furbabies and their love to scratch. As a result, I'm thinking the HAMRA sofa may be a bit more durable, and I love the color. I know I mentioned before that I was going with cool and neutral tones, but this might be the exception. I think it will look great with the super soft aqua green paint we are planning to use.

The shape of this sectional will look wonderful in the corner of our living room, allowing us to finally put the TV on the wall and really open up the space. More than anything, I am wanting to declutter. Right now there are too many obstacles in that room. By moving the sitting space in the corner, we will take better advantage of the free flowing nature of our exiting floor plan.



Knowing the cats will inevitably pose a problem, I have been trying to locate a fabric sofa I like. This so far is my favorite, but Eric is dead set against yellow. I think when used in a single piece, it will look great, but the guy needs some convincing. Don't you think this sofa would look great against the wallpaper above?



So many possibilities, and the planning stage is the most fun. Installing the hardwood flooring...that I'm not looking forward to.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Modern...good! Leather...even better. Sectionals....the best.

Pets do make it hard to have nice stuff.

Good luck to you!

Tyler Long said...

I vote for the leather sofa. Ally and I were at IKEA today and saw both of the above couches and definitely liked the leather sofa better.

Krystin said...

Yep, I think the reddish leather one is the winner. It's the most comfortable couch we came across and it's the only one Eric and I can agree on.

Robin said...

Hey! We are planning on getting the Kramfors chaise sectional in gray when we get to town. We also like the Oregon sectional from Dania. Last night, though, we sat on the Plateau sectional at CB2 and fell in love. It is a little out of our budget right now though. My dream sofa is the Togo from Ligne Roset but I really can't afford that one. Max will need to go to college one day!

I like the orange one, for what its worth!

Unknown said...

Ooh! Those are awesome! Spacify offers stylish and affordable Leather Sectional Sofa to decorate your Home & Office.