Friday, June 20, 2008

Shopping Cart Friday (for the home)

Eric and I are approaching many home improvement projects, one of which involves redoing our living room. I am going with a completely different color palette, moving away from the reds to cool and neutral tones. The details will be saved for another post, but in the spirit of shopping cart Friday, here are some notable items I'm thinking about (in addition to some items I just couldn't pass up.)

Wall decals are becoming very popular. I love the easy design statements these silhouettes make and imagine that they are the wall paper replacement for the new millennium (not in all instances mind you!) I love the interest these provide without the need for a overwhelming patten. Many decal shops have sprung up on Etsy, but here are two of my favorites:



Holly offers a wonderful array of vinyl wall art and was a featured seller on Etsy a few months back. I love the idea of an faux chandelier, but the only place I can picture it in my home is in a spot currently occupied by a beautiful painting by Ian Harris. I just can't bring myself to move it.

Next up is a decal that I completely intend to buy and know exactly where to put it:



Elly Nelly's decals are probably among my very favorite. She offers a great array of color choices, so take a look through her store. I'd imagine that a number of her designs would be absolutely perfect for a child's room.

Finally, I stumbled upon a wonderful vintage shop on Etsy today. While many folks have mentioned mixed feelings about vintage items on Etsy being that they aren't technically handmade, I have to admit that I love them dearly. Check out these awesome ketchup and mustard dispensers I purchased today from Do Not Destroy. I can't wait to pull them out at our next BBQ with friends. I picked up a few other pyrex items too since these guys feature fair prices and combined shipping discounts.



Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Ally said...

i love the chandelier decal! i always wanted to do cool designs like this.

Robin said...

Those are so cute! I can't wait to have a hot dog at your house!

Robin said...

Also, I can't wait to see what you do with your living room. I'm sure it will be amazing!