Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Low Profile

I've been keeping a low profile on the jewelry scene lately. The day job's been demanding these last few months, and I've been trying to live a less stressful life. Working 15 hour days between work and jewelry gets tiresome, and the resting up has been good.

I was contacted by my friends at Presents of Mind to set up a wholesale appointment for this Friday. I've been slowly working on new pieces and have a pretty good stock going, but I was reserving most of it for the Mississippi Street Fair. As a result I am hunkering down to create new styles, as well as recreate some old favorites. Last time I went in for a wholesale appointment with Seasons (owner,) I left with almost no stock - she cleaned me out!

Aside from filling orders for online sales, I have simply focused on new designs and have taken a break from the craft circuit. I was really active a year ago and almost wore myself out, but I'm coming back. I've been looking forward to the Mississipi Street fair since the last one. I'm taking the entire week off from work and my youngest sister will be in town to help me out. It's going to be wonderful.

If you will be in Portland for Mississppi Street fair, Saturday, July 12th, come say hello!

1 comments:

Ally said...

I can't wait to see the new stuff! I hope you get the store gig too!